Wednesday 31 August 2011

I don't know what's worse: the fact that my LOCDs are increasing at a spectacular rate or how much I am completely okay with it.

On the bus home from work, I tend to sit on the chair just behind the stairs on the top level. This reason is so that I get a little extra leg room and I'm on the side of the bus that stays in the shade from the sun. 

Once I reach my stop and go to catch my train, I have a certain section of the bench at Plaistow Station that I always sit on. It's perfect for when I'm waiting because when the train arrives all I need to do is walk forward and I'm directly in front of the door of the back carriage. 

This is good so that when my train reaches Moorgate station the back carriage stops nearest the stairs I need to go down in order to get to my next train. 

Once I get on that train I need to ensure I get on the front carriage and sit on the middle seats on the right hand side, facing away from the direction the train is going in. 

My reason for this is so my window stops outside the sign at Drayton Park Station that says the following:


You may not be able to see it but this piece of graffiti says "I Love you Debbee Norman. Always."

I like looking at this bit of graffiti because I always wonder whether this man/woman still loves Debbee Norman. If so, are they married? Do they have kids? Do they sometimes come back to this sign with the offspring and chuckle over the good days? 

If they didn't make it, I wonder who broke it of with who? Did Debbee Norman know her name would be forever sprawled over this sign? Was this the reason she broke up with him? Does he come back here and cry into a bottle of vodka over a love lost? Did she even date him in the first place or was this just some massive crush? Was he a stalker who meant this in some creepy, threatening "I watch you while you're sleeping" way? 

Being in the front carriage also means that I can get off the train just outside the stairs that lead out of the station by my home. 

This is my routine. I have severe LOCD tendencies towards needing this to happen on a day by day basis. If it doesn't I do not cope well. 

Today I arrived at Plaistow station and some girls were sitting on my section of the bench. 

With all of my might I stopped myself from asking them to move and sat as close to them as possible without seeming weird. I thought the space I had left was fine but judging by the weary looks they gave me, I fear they didn't agree. 

It worked out okay because I managed to get up first when the train came and direct my walk into a diagonal motion so that I still reached my doors first and got a prime end seat (everyone wants one of these so you can lean on the glass). 


It was touch and go as to whether I was going to get my seat on my second train as I had one and a half minutes to get to the front carriage before the train went. I ran the whole way and managed it with a minute to spare... Probably didn't really need to run but the LOCDs were pretty intent that I did.

Any way, I appreciate that for everyone else, my meticulously planned out positioning of my journeys to and from work might not be blog worthy but I assure you, the fact that those girls sat in my seat at the start was the most stressful part of my day. 

I thought I'd share the whole thing with you as I hadn't spoken about my LOCD neuroses for quite a while. 

Peace out my lovelies. 

1 comment:

  1. I do things like that too and my whole day can be messed up if something goes out of order. I think most people have a touch of ocd.

    ReplyDelete