Monday 16 May 2011

There's no one quite like the One-And-Only-Daniela

I'm feeling very cultural at the moment because this weekend I visited my second museum in three weeks.

I can assure you all that this occurred entirely because I am a fan of history and the culture behind what makes our world what it is. It was certainly not because museums are free to visit and I have no money.

This weekend I went to the British Museum which ironically has artifacts from every country in the world apart from Britain itself.

This is my favourite museum of all London museums (and you can trust me, I've been to two now). I have a morbid fascination with being able to look in a glass case and stare at thousand year old mummified dead bodies. There's just something so perversely cultural about it.

As awesome as all the displays are in this place, what made my day the awesome day that it was, was one of my lovely bezzie mates, One-And-Only-Daniela.

My reason for calling her this will become crystal clear by the end of this post.

Unfortunately I don't live as close to One-And-Only-Daniela anymore so I don't get to see her as much as I would like. When I do however, I always end up shaking my head and marvelling at the uniqueness of her brain.

Without further ado I give you One-And-Only-Daniela through Exhibit A and B.

Exhibit A
One-And-Only-Daniela is shortened to OAOD

On the train home from the museum.

OAOD: Did I ever show you the pictures of when I went to the Louvre in Paris?
Me: No
OAOD: (Gets out camera) I took loads when I got in there. All I did was take pictures of pictures. (Pauses and thinks for a moment) Actually, I think they were probably paintings.
Me: (Stops looking at the camera and throws her a panicked look) Daniela, please don't tell me that right up to this point you thought those paintings were photographs.
OAOD: But they looked so realistic!
Me: In order for that to be true, you would have to believe that there was not only camera's in the 15th Century but that they were also able to photograph half naked cherubs flying in the air.
OAOD: (Leans back in chair) Oh yeah, I'd never thought about it like that.

Exhibit B



This, One-And-Only-Daniela, is why I love you. Don't ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment