Wednesday 29 June 2011

Nothing I like better than a formal invite.

Work-Buddy-James is getting married in a couple of months. I got my invite today. I was annoyed because I didn't have an RSVP form attached. How was he to know if I could make it?

I told him this. He then informed me that he sees me every day and so it is very easy for me to say the words 'I shall be attending' to him then. He then added that the whole thing was sorted anyway as he already knew I was coming because I had told him last week that I had booked the time off work.

I reminded him that he was not taking into consideration the possibility that he might forget I had said yes. He said that wouldn't be a problem. I wasn't so sure. He said he had a spreadsheet and he would update it now with my RSVP so that he wouldn't forget. I pointed out that a spreadsheet is rubbish without any proof to back up the data on it.

He eventually gave in and made me an RSVP.



I wasn't happy with this and pointed out his flaw.





I pushed the matter further until he again caved and made a new invite.



I pointed out some further flaws which led to this



He gave up then and left the room saying I didn't have a choice and I had to come.

...

Some people are so touchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment