Friday 17 June 2011

Good news: The boiler didn't attack me again. Bad News: I'm pretty sure my brain's leaking out of my ears from the time it did.

Younger-Brother-Daniel has been shortened to YBD

YBD: You know those boxes that come up on the computer screen when you're trying to leave a comment and ask you to enter in the letters it shows?
Me: Yes.
YBD: There is a button on it with a wheelchair symbol. What do you reckon that's for?
Me: Probably for blind people to click on.
YBD: ...
Me: What?
YBD: That might be the stupidest thing you've ever said.


...


In other news, The-Awesome-Alice came round yesterday.



Since our fateful night we have only seen each other twice.

The last time, when I asked if she wanted to come round or to go to the pub, she was very keen on keeping away from my house. Apparently one sleepless night stuck in A&E with an unconscious friend with a head injury sprawled all over her is enough to give her issues about my home.

Yesterday though, she ended up back at mine out of lack of places nearby to crash for the night.

She near off had a panic attack when I said to her that I was going to have a shower. I did reassure her that since December I have had a few showers without cracking my head open. I don't think she believed me though. I'm pretty sure she had pre-dialed 999 into her phone, "just in case."

When I made it out of the shower alive and injury free, The-Awesome-Alice and I had a little dance and gave each other a celebratory high five. I don't think anyone had been so happy that I was capable of showering all by myself.

I think both of us were convinced that we couldn't both exist in that flat at the same time without an ambulance being somehow involved.

But we did and we slept and we got up and we went on with out lives with only fond memories.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty impressed I managed to do a whole post about the fact that nothing happened once when I was in the shower. Yeay me. I shall congratulate myself with a glass of wine and an ice lolly.

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment