Wednesday 23 April 2014

Talking to myself again.

I had this sudden surge of inspiration last night. I had been watching The Office: USA (I'm now up to Season 6), and I got sleepy. I turned my computer off, snuggled into bed and attempted to fall asleep.

However, despite it being 11pm, thus way past my bedtime, the moment I hit the pillow, my brain came alive. It resorted in the following conversation to occur within myself:

Brain: Lisa, you have been slightly blocked for the final chapters of your book over recent weeks. You have attempted to write something, but have been unsuccessful, because I have been stubborn and lazy. But, guess what??? I've decided now is the time that all the ideas will come to me and I must insist that you write them down, immediately.
Me: But Brain! I'm sleepy and I need to work tomorrow. Can't we do this tomorrow?
Brain: We could... but I can't guarantee that I won't be sleeping myself.
Me: Why would you be sleeping, when it would be a far more convenient time for us both?
Brain: I don't know what to tell you, Lisa, I'm a complex individual who can't be tied down to normal social conventions.
Me: I have another word for what you are...
Brain: Fine! Do what you want... If you're prepared to risk not having this second book published in time.
Me: ...
Brain: Night, night.
Me: ... You suck. Suddenly sits up and grabs her computer. 

And that is why I didn't get to sleep until 2am this morning, am knackered, but am incredibly satisfied with myself for the four additional chapters that suddenly poured out of me. As exciting as this is, if someone could figure out a way to tell my brain to get inspired at a time that isn't inconvenient to the rest of me, I'd really appreciate it.

Peace out my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment