Tuesday 15 April 2014

A need for Speed... not the movie, but real life.

So this Saturday just gone, I spent another awesome day in the heart of London. Marmie had been instructed by Younger-Brother-Daniel to get us all "outside of the box" Christmas presents last year, and she didn't disappoint. I received a Popcorn Machine and both brothers received a speedboat ride around the Thames.

Within this boat ride, they both had a plus one they could take. Older-Brother-Glyn, being engaged to the lovely New-To-The-Family-Amy, naturally had his plus one automatically built into the present, Younger-Brother-Daniel had free reign to pick who he liked... at first. However, this only lasted for about an hour after receiving the present, as soon Marmie was quietly suggesting that it would be really nice of him if he took me. Apparently, she had found this trip around the Thames after she had bought my Christmas present and so now felt guilty that she was giving her two sons a really nice day out and leaving me to sit on my own.

I did try to explain to her that it was fine, as I had already received another present from her, but she was having none of it and continued to say to Younger-Brother-Daniel phrases such as "Of course it is your choice who you pick, but it would be nice to involve your sister, don't you think?" As such, Younger-Brother-Daniel felt suitably inclined to invite me.

He also got it into his head that, although I had made it clear I was perfectly happy not to attend, I was doing the female thing where I say I'm fine but secretly making plans to kill him in his sleep for his betrayal should he not take me (apologies for the dramatic example, I have just finished with a particularly long Game of Thrones marathon and everything in my head is slightly warped towards betrayal and murder plotting... Disclaimer: This applies to examples only, I have no intention of actually acting out on any murders. I am not that way inclined... anymore... joking!... or am I?)

Anywho, to cut a long story short, this resulted in me taking this speedboat trip with Both-Brothers and New-To-The-Family-Amy on Saturday. Which was very lucky on my part as it technically meant I received two Christmas Presents instead of one last year. Both-Brothers are expecting their Popcorn Machines in the post any day now... ha! dream on! I've always known I was secretly the favourite...

So we went on the speedboat, which was fun. Lots of boating with speed involved, believe it or not. New-To-The-Family-Amy appeared to have chosen the seat that got the most wet. She put on a brave face, but we could all see the fear behind her eyes.


Can you see it? It's there...

After the trip we went for Vietnamese food. Something none of us had ever eaten before but Older-Brother-Glyn is pretty insistent that when we are in central London, we will eat at new restaurants and not constantly find ourselves in places like Garfunkels. We obliged. The food was actually really nice and I'd probably do it again. Although I wasn't massively hungry, thanks to a mix up at McDonalds earlier in the day where my purchase of one double cheeseburger (to tie me over until food came) turned into me somehow having 3 double cheeseburgers. Don't ask me how it happened, I don't completely know myself. I did try and give at least one away to my family, but they were having none of it and I can't waste food, I just can't... so... I had to do it. I had to eat all of them. It was my duty as a person who values food and doesn't believe in wasting any of it... you can agree, my reasons are solid.

The day was fun, it was also what led to my marathon of Game Of Thrones as it was all they wanted to talk about, but couldn't due to my insistence that no words would leave their mouth until I had watched it. Which I now have, by the way. I am fully up to date. I went through a range of emotions that I can't even begin to explain and one panicked phone call to Older-Brother-Glyn last night, whilst doing it, but I survived it and managed to move on. That's all I will say on the subject, other than... If you have resisted thus far, don't anymore. Not for any other reason than if you don't watch it soon, someone will tell you what happens and you will cry and stamp your feet like a child with a temper tantrum at the injustice of it all. Don't allow that to happen people, fight against the spoilers and see it for yourself.

My day ended with a trip home that will scar me for eternity. I am very aware of the family friendly tone that I try to give this blog, and as such fear that I can't relay my experience in full, due to the horribleness of it all. Let me just say this... there is a certain thing that men should not be doing in a public space and should be reserved for private time only. This certain thing should particularly not be done whilst sitting next to me on a packed underground train because I will melt down and feel incredibly violated at the experience... It is not what I want to see when I am trying to play Bubble Witch Saga on my phone... also, when this happens, and this particular man's friends start laughing and urge me to elbow him to get him to stop; do not be shocked when I don't go ahead with this request. I can't ignore it if you make me touch him whilst it's happening...

...

Traumatised people... traumatised.

And now that I've shared it with you, in a round about way, I will love you and leave you. You are very welcome for the image.

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment