Friday 25 April 2014

Fancy Things Friday: Film Parodies on Youtube... you make my life

Welcome to Fancy Things Friday, where I talk about things on a Friday that I think are fancy!!

Today's Fancy Thing is something that makes me laugh and lightens my heart and fills me with such glee that I sometimes I literally don't know what to do with myself. This thing is the area of youtube that focuses in on film and tv show parodies. 

There are many different channels on youtube who do this. Today, however, I will be focusing on three in particular, because they have all been responsible for making me pee from laughter at least three times each. (How's that for imagery??!!) These beautiful and very clever channels are the following: 


Bad Lip Reading is a channel that does exactly what it says on the tin. They take clips from our screens and dub over the voices with what it looks like they are saying... It is almost always ridiculous but, more often than not, makes you wish that the film had used these lines to begin with. 

Now, I'm aware that the channel does Bad Lip Reading for more than just the TV shows and films, however it seems to be all sports and American Politics which just goes over my tiny little head, so I'm focusing on the the fictional parodies only. 

The first video I ever saw them do was their Bad Lip Reading of Twilight, the first film. As far as I understand it, this is also how most people in the world, who are already aware of them, found out about them. Since then, they have done New Moon (film 2) and, breaking news just in, they have now done Eclipse! (Film 3). Words cannot express the love that I have for these videos. So much so, I have placed all three below for you to peruse. Once again, you are welcome. 







I won't say anything else about the above apart from "Keeeevin" and "That cake's my most bestest creation, why did you eat it?" These are moments when the above peeing may have happened, although I can neither confirm nor deny this...

They have a lot of different videos, such as Game Of Thrones (simply immense) and The Amazing Spiderman (I can't even...), go check them out. I will leave you with one more clip... The Hunger Games, which is freakin' awesome. 



So Channel recommendation No 2 is Screen Junkies. I'm not going to lie, both  this channel and the third one are fairly new to my radar. I have binge watched them this week, which has taken up most of my evenings, and they are freakin' awesome. However, due to still being a newbie to this channel, I have only got as far as watching their Honest Trailer series. If this is anything to go by though, the rest of the channel is no doubt just as awesome. 

So Honest Trailers basically take a film or TV Series and create a trailer whereby the voiceover man just says exactly what the rest of us are thinking. You might have noticed that I added the Game Of Thrones Honest Trailer to my Monday post, so, even though it is funny AS, I won't repeat this video today, just go back to Monday and check it out... or just visit their channel as I'm pretty sure they have it there too...

With Game Of Thrones being already advertised on this blog, I will focus on some of the other trailers that have caused the spontaneous urination this week. 


Frozen

The Notebook



The Avengers


Need I say more? Nope, because the videos speak for themselves, thus I am redundant. 


This is a channel that, once more, does exactly what the title says. It takes movies and changes the ending to fit what 'should' have happened at the end, via the medium of animation. Once again, what a laugh I have had at this channel. I shall give you just one example for this one, and then let you check the rest out all for yourselves. 


So that's my recommendations for you, this week. Go forth, buy yourself some nappies, and settle in for a night of incontinence. Once again, you are welcome. 

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment