Thursday 17 April 2014

A random ramble. Seriously, I just sat here and let my fingers type... I don't even really know what it is that I've written. So... yeah. Obviously that's going to mean it's awesome... (Insert sarcasm, where needed)

Last working day of the week! Huzzah! Apparently not the case for my American friends across the pond. Apologies for the gloating, in that case. I'd organise a meet and greet with Obama, if I were you, to sort that one out. There's nothing better than a random four day mandatory weekend to break up your April month. Plus, because Easter is always changing each year, it's totally a surprise as to when it's actually going to happen! As yesterday's post showed.

Today, I have managed to balance my coffee intake just enough so that I am being the queen of productive, whilst also not feeling that 'spaced out and shaking' feeling I usually get when I OD on the stuff. As such, I'm taking that as a win for the day and have already congratulated myself with a little song when my work colleague left the office. I'd sing it for you now, but there are people around and I don't want them to hear, the song is for you guys exclusively... yes, that technically includes them, as all they would have to do is to read this blog and then they are allowed to listen, but the point is they haven't and so they will not listen to it... also, I'm pretty certain they don't want to hear it.

I know the above ramble might suggest that I have, in fact, not balanced my coffee intake very well and I am slightly manic at the mo, but you guys need to realise that manic works well for me in terms of productiveness, without the manic then there's just the sleep, and apparently sleep during work time is frowned upon by employers.

For those of you who are now thinking: "But Lisa, what you're doing now isn't working, thus you are probably being frowned upon anyway" I will say, it is my lunch break. I don't eat food at lunch, due to a mix of no money and trying to be able to fit into a bridesmaid dress for July, as such I blog instead. It is the only way that I can force my brain to pick writing in this blog over procrastination, as if I waited until I was home, there would be nothing for you to read... unless you count the random tweets and facebook updates, informing you of all the different modes of procrastination I am currently involved in.

My main form of procrastination at the moment has taken the form of rewatching the American Office. It is one of the series collections I awesomely found on my computer. I've completed 30 Rock and had to suffer the heartbreak of watching the final series of that show, (something that I had avoided until now) thus solidifying for me the fact that there will be no more episodes. This saddens me, and the only way I could find a way of getting over it, was to find a rebound series to hook my claws into, and thus the rewatching of American Office was born. I'm up to series 2 and I had forgotten how beautiful the office romance is between Pam and Jim. At the moment, they're still in that "longing looks across the room" phase. My heart melts every time.

Being British, and therefore a built in fan of the original Ricky Gervais series, I had convinced myself that I would not like this version. I had never been so wrong. I freakin' love it. And, although I can't find a single thing to fault about the original, despite how many times I buried my head in embarrassment whilst watching it, I have grown to love the American Office almost as much. This time round watching it, I'm still in the "imitating the original series" phase of the series, but soon they will begin to blossom into their own thing and I am, dare I say it, giddy at the prospect.

Yes, once again, I am confirming that I don't really have much going on at the moment. But, you know what? Even if I did, even if I was a millionaire with a husband and 6 adorable, yet slightly annoying, children and I had everything I ever wanted... I would still sit down with my TV and movies and treat them like they're real people... It's the wonder of fiction. It's the reason I spend so much time in the lives of the make believe, not just those I watch, but those I create as well. In those worlds, anything is possible. And that, people, is beautiful.

Sorry for lack of promised feature. Next week, I promise!! Fancy Things Friday will be up tomorrow, however!

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment