Tuesday 3 May 2011

A museum and a mysterious Doctor all in one post? You can't ask for more than that.




SPOILER ALERT!!

CONTAINS INFORMATION ON THE LATEST EPISODE OF DOCTOR WHO. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

(Younger-Brother-Daniel has been shortened to YBD)

ME: But if the little girl is Amy Pond's daughter then how is she also a Timelord?
YBD: Well obviously she has to be the Doctor's as well.
ME: No, I don't believe it.
YBD: Why not?
ME: Because I refuse to live in a world where Amy cheats on Rory with the Doctor.
YBD: I know what you mean. I don't think it will be as simple as that. I'm sure they'll do it in a way where neither of them have to cheat.
ME: Yeah, I have a theory on that (Gets distracted by calendar and notices the date) Ooh! It's a new month! I get to change the page on my Doctor Who Calendar!
YBD: (Pause) I fear we've gone to a weird place.
ME: What do you mean?
YBD: How long have we been talking about this?
ME: Today? 40 minutes.
YBD: I need to go and do something else for a while.

He didn't. We talked for another 20 minutes on the many theories we had on what we had learnt from the first 2 episodes of Doctor Who Season 6.

I have many a theory that totally explains the questions I shared in the above conversation but I fear putting them onto this blog for 2 reasons.

1. If I'm right (which I'm certain I am), I don't want to have ruined the future of the series enjoyment for anyone else.

2. For some unfathomable reason, I'm pretty sure the majority of my readers don't actually care. (It makes no sense to me.)

What I am going to do instead, (because I am uber cool) is to write a list of my predictions down, take a picture of them with the day's paper and then when the series is finished, I will upload my genius and accurate list for all to see.

...

Okay so Younger-Brother-Daniel may have a point with what he said. I mean recently, the only conversation any of us Harries kids are capable of having with people who have also seen Doctor Who, is about that show.

In just two short weeks, I have already had several hours worth of conversations talking about the theory and rules of the TARDIS in Time and Space and what that means to the current story line.

And in those moments where I cannot find someone to talk about Doctor Who with, I find myself listening to the music score of Season 5 and writing the rest of the series in my head so that it ties in with the many questions these two episodes have asked.

I know a lot of people would find that weird, or 'not right,' or something someone without a real life might do, but you know what? I'm pretty sure I'm okay with that.

I could make idle promises that I won't get as excited at the next episode on Saturday but we all know this to be a feeble lie and I refuse to insult your intelligence by uttering it.

FACT: Doctor Who rocks every single one of my socks and Steven Moffatt is a complete genius.

Oh and if you're wondering what the museum part of my title was about, check out my day yesterday in the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment