Tuesday 25 March 2014

It's like that moment when you find a £10 note in an old pair of jeans but 100 times better.

Well hello to you this Tuesday afternoon. How are things going so far? Can anyone tell that I've just made my way through the Miranda series and am highly influenced by the things I hear? What's that? You don't know who Miranda is? Rude... (again reference to the programme, not that I really find you rude... I fully appreciate that not everyone would have heard of it. Although if you haven't watched it, your life is remarkably less awesome because of it... check out the link to see what I mean.)

Well, now that that plug is over... without further ado, on with the blog...

 Firstly, I thought I'd update you all on the leg situation after yesterday's account of my drastic and most shameful fall. The bruise is looking particularly spectacular but the limping has stopped. I know you all probably lost a lot of sleep last night, worrying about that one, so I thought I'd put you out of your misery.

My reason for watching the Miranda series recently is because I accidentally stumbled across a treasure trove of goodies the other day that, put simply, filled me with such glee, there was a brief period of time where I lost all ability to know what to do with myself.

You see, I was on another of my many train journeys, due to being a daily commuter, and found myself reaching a state of boredom that tends to occur when I find myself underground and therefore don't have access to internet. As such, I was scrolling through my phone and thought I'd check out some old apps that I have on it and haven't used for a long time. One of them was the standard app that comes with all iphones. It was the video app, where it stores any videos you have bought from itunes at any point. I remember looking at this app and thinking to myself that there would be nothing on this, as I had no memory of ever buying films or tv shows on itunes, thanks to my need to have the solid DVD case to make my wall of DVDs look exceptionally flash so that people can look at it in marvel and say "oooh" and "aaah."

...

Anywho, because I had nothing else I really had to do at that particular moment, I thought I'd spend a moment to be redundant and see if there was anything on there, thinking that there might be a couple of music videos from albums I'd downloaded from itunes (I do not hold the same principles for music).

What I found when I opened the app however, was something so overwhelming, the above glee/loss of knowledge on self happened... So apparently my memory of my purchases of TV programmes isn't all that solid. Apparently, in a time when money was more available to me, I went through a period of life where I got a little crazy... I had quite a collection... it's probably best if I just show you...




Yeeeaaaah... so that happened. Let me ask you something. How does a person buy a total of 702 episodes, spanning over 26 different shows, and somehow completely forget that she had them? I'm not kidding. When Sherlock season 3 came out, I scraped around desperately, trying to find someone who had seasons 1 and 2, so I could rewatch them before it began. There was a lot of effort involved, and all along I owned it! And when I think about it, and how much I love that show, why the hell wouldn't I own it? Guys... I own EVERY SINGLE EPISODE of 30 Rock!! WHO FORGETS THAT???????????????????

Thankfully, this forgetfulness has all occurred at a time when I have also had no money, so no double purchases have happened. Now that I see the amount of series I have bought, I do have a vague recollection of buying them. It was at a time when I had gone back to live with my parents and money was something I happened to have an abundance of... *sighs longingly* I miss those days.

However, now that I have made this little discovery, it has felt like I've just been given this massive gift from someone who has too much money than sense and has decided to buy me hours of possible procrastination.

Oh and in case you're all marvelling at the ultimate memory my phone seems to hold... they're all on my icloud, not my actual phone. That would be ridiculous. Needless to say, I have made my way through series 1 and 2 of Miranda, watched Scandal in Belgravia from Sherlock Season 2 because, in my opinion, Sherlock's ability to get revenge on the guys who attacked Mrs Hudson is some of the best moments of Sherlock... not to mention the line "Mrs Hudson leave Baker Street? London would fall." ... Shivers, every time, and then began on the marathon of all marathons by starting 30 Rock from the beginning. Tina Fey, you are so awesome, I can't even... Wow.

The prospect of having so many different shows to make my way through... not to mention, the incomplete series on the above list, such as Supernatural, Smallville and Desperate Housewives, are actually complete because I own the missing series in solid DVD form.

...

There was a moment when I felt that I should probably feel a little bad that I sold out on my mission to only own hard copies of all DVDs, but then I saw all the fun I could have in rewatching them, and also remembered that those morals went completely out the window the moment I signed on to Netflix, and I ignored all qualms.

Sidenote: Since I've started reviewing TV shows lately, it has come to mine and LucysFootball's  attention that we are of one mind in our TV taste. It strikes me that the above photos will be the ultimate test... I can't wait to hear how many series from the above she also likes... literally waiting with baited breath here LucysFootball, the suspense is killing me.

Excuse me now whilst I go off to daydream about my evening plans of non stop Tina Fey and even more excuses to fire up my popcorn machine. Man I love fiction... whoever came up with that shizzle was a genius.

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment