Friday 30 May 2014

Fancy Things Friday: It's time for us all to watch men suit up... because of the excellent storyline... ahem

Welcome to Fancy Things Friday, where I talk about things on a Friday that I think are fancy!!

I have been finding one particular  thing incredibly Fancy this week. There might even be a chance that I've been a little obsessive over it... I know, me get obsessive over something? Bizarre, right? 

My Fancy Thing this week is the TV Show, Suits. I don't know what made me choose to watch it on Netflix... possibly the fact that I had just spent a month of my life watching 9 series of How I Met Your Mother and hearing Barney tell me to 'Suit up' every five minutes. I'd like to think that I'm not that impressionable, but who are we kidding? I think I've fallen for every single subliminal message thrown my way. 

Anywho, I am now up to Season 3 of Suits and I cannot tell you what it is about that show, but I am loving it. Honestly, I just don't know what draws me to it...


Is it the storyline? It does have an excellent plot, but I don't know if that's the main reason...


Maybe it's the setting... it's set in a law firm in New York and provides an insight into the cut-throat world of corporate law... no, that's not it. Ugh, what is my reason??? This is going to bug me now. 


I know! It's the fashionable clothes and the fancy lifestyle, reminding me of how awesome it would be to have money... nah, that just pisses me off more than anything. It'll come to me in a minute...


Maybe it's... nope, I don't know what it is, but I very much enjoy the watching of this show. And for some inexplicable reason I find it the height of fancy. 

It's available on Netflix, should you find yourself at a loss for the next show to watch. It's about two lawyers; Harvey and Mike. Harvey's a qualified senior partner in a law firm and Mike's a genius with a photographic memory who was chucked out of college before he could go to Harvard to get his law degree. However, due to being a genius, he took the bar 'for fun' and aced it. Mike accidentally walks into an interview to be Harvey's associate, confesses all of the above and Harvey hires him anyway. And a TV Show is born. 

All joking aside, it is actually really good and does hold more to it than being head up by two absolutely beautiful men in the most amazing and flattering suits available, although I'd be lying if I didn't say that was a massive factor towards it. (There are also beautiful women as well to those of you that way inclined). 

The whole show is very easy on the eye and, although I'm getting a little bit tired of the constant corporate take over storylines that are just one after the other at the moment, it's still making me come back time and time again for more. Not to mention, it has a whole range of characters that make you want to scratch their eyes out for being so unbelievably irritating... which technically makes it sound like that would be a bad reason to watch it, but it actually isn't. It just makes for freakin' awesome TV. And those annoying characters aren't main characters, they all go away eventually. 

As hinted to above, there is a small amount of repetition happening in the storylines at the mo, which I hope they're not going to continue with, otherwise the above (absolutely integral and awesome) good points might not be enough to keep me watching... argh, who am I kidding? Just look at them.


Peace out my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment