Thursday 22 May 2014

Alas and never mind

So, my Super Exciting Secret Thing turned out to be no go, which was always a possibility. My apologies for not writing yesterday, the Super Exciting Secret Thing had me all a flutter and I couldn't sit still for long enough to write anything.

I've been through all the stages of dealing with this. There have been tears, anger, reasoning and acceptance... not that I'm cliché or anything. I'm at a point now where, although the Super Exciting Secret Thing would have solved so many problems and made my life so much more exciting and super, I think I'm going to be okay with it not happening. At the end of the day, we can't always get what we want and things are going to go wrong along the way. The way we choose to deal with those things is the part that we have control over, however. As such, I've decided that I'm not going to obsess over the benefits I've lost out on, but rather focus on the benefits I already have. Due to this, although I gave myself a month off in between books, I have officially written the prologue to book 3 of the Utopia series, thus starting up the writing process once more. Plus, I have some time tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to take my computer down for my pub lunch/writing session and I'm gonna surround myself with doing the thing I love.

This week has been a mixed week in terms of news and activities. There has been more sad news than happy, but it was just as important a week as any other. If all my weeks were happy, life would start to get boring, and the fact that I'm nearing the end of this week with a smile on my face shows that I'm going to be okay... either that or I'm living in denial (which is the one thing out of the five stages I hadn't listed, so it's entirely likely). But I'm going to roll with it regardless.

I'll chat to you in a more upbeat and happy tone tomorrow, I promise. I mean, I think I'm dealing with this whole thing well, but come on, I'm not perfect.

Speak soon everyone

Peace out my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment