Monday 10 February 2014

Weekend procrastination town of Wind and The OC

We've had pretty impressive winds in London this weekend. I say impressive, because I didn't leave my house all week and so therefore only had to endure it from the safety of my own home. If I had left the house, you can be certain that I would be describing the winds as the work of the devil himself etc... I can generally get on board with all other types of weather, but wind? Wind takes the freakin' piss. Once you're caught outside in it, you can kiss goodbye to any hairdo you may have tried out. Not to mention, I, for some reason, seem to gain this nasty reaction to it, whenever it blows in my face, where I just get increasingly pissed off. The more wind in my face, the more angry I get.

Needless to say, this was my main reason for choosing to stay indoors this weekend. That, and the fact that I was feeling hella lazy, couldn't be arsed to leave my bed, and had this overwhelming urge to rewatch The OC on Friday night, after hearing someone mention something about California in passing. This turned into my watching both Seasons 1, 2 and a quarter of 3, in the space of 48 hours. Don't ask me how I did it, I'm not too sure myself. Especially as I have harboured this massive hatred for The OC ever since I first finished watching them, due to the fact that the writers found it physically impossible to let any of their characters stay happy in love/work/school/situation for more than two episodes, before something came along and destroyed it all. All in all, I just found the whole programme depressing. And, due to the fact that I had initially watched it when I was in the throes of all kinds of emotional trouble, I had found it hadn't helped one bit. However, I had said to myself that it would be a mark of my improvement in my mood, if I was able to watch that programme without getting all depressed over it, in the process.

This is something that I managed to do this weekend. I went from vowing to never watch the programme again, to having this massive impulse to just watch one episode, which then snowballed into this massive marathon. I don't know if it was due to not being nearly as adolescenty as I had been on initial watching of programme, or down to my kick-ass recovery in my mood recently, but I have been able to watch it without getting at all emotionally involved. So, although some might see my non-stop marathon as a waste of a perfectly good weekend, I have been pretty impressed with the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, it's no Dawson's Creek, but it managed to entertain me quite well.

But anywho, I digress. I was talking about the weather. Because everyone knows how fascinating it is when I do that. My room has, as of late, been close to falling apart. Firstly, my window latches broke down and decided they didn't want to shut my windows any more, right smack bang in the middle of winter, then my light went out and I keep on forgetting to go and get another bulb... I really need to do that. But most recently, my ceiling has decided that it would like to leak every time it rains. Which is hella fun, let me tell you, as I live in England and there is a lot of rain involved in our weather.

So you can imagine my slow growing fear throughout the course of my weekend, when the winds grew and grew and with every gust, my windows felt as if they were going to cave into my room, shattering my glass and leaving me to look out on a gaping whole at the front of the house. This was all I could focus on, during my OC marathon. The windows and frames felt as if they were close to being blown away with each second. My actual bed shook under the winds, which I couldn't decide whether or not to be impressed about. In fact, I was five seconds away from fastening some form of seatbelt mechanism for me on the bed, just in case the front of my house decided to break away while I was sleeping. At least, if I was fastened to my bed when it took off, I wouldn't have to worry about landing anywhere hard... unless my bed fell face down, then I would be in a whole world of pain... but as that didn't happen for Dorothy in Wizard of Oz, I felt I was safe. I mean, she had dealt with tornadoes and still managed to end up landing okay, with her house intact and all, and my winds weren't nearly as bad as that... the country's wind, that is... not my own personal wind... although I can confirm that my own wind is also not as bad as a tornado. Just in case you were wondering.

Anywho, that was my weekend. Another laze fest. This weekend will be different as I am spending Valentine's Day with One-And-Only-Daniela, where we will be watching About Time (best film of 2013), drinking wine, and playing on Tinder. One-And-Only-Daniela has just downloaded the app. I've had it for about a month now... if you don't know what it is, I'll leave that for a Fancy Things Friday. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment