Friday 24 January 2014

Fancy Things Friday: SORTED Food

Hey guys!

Welcome to Fancy Things Friday, where I talk about things on a Friday that I think are fancy!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I have this obsessive/avoidance relationship with Youtube. I have no medium when it comes to watching videos on it. I either spend my entire time watching vlogger after vlogger, or I just cut myself off entirely. 

For the majority of 2013, I had cut myself off. Possibly due to the concern people were raising over how much time I spent pouring over the countless videos on there during 2011/2012. Also, Younger-Brother-Daniel, who had once been my other obsessive Youtube acquaintance, had also stopped watching the videos, and so without anyone to discuss the sites contents with anymore, I found it fizzled out. 

Then a couple of months ago, thanks to the night where I apparently spent the evening with some famous footballer of some kind; an old friend of mine, Mike, commented on my facebook picture of said footballer to tell me just how famous he was. Although we haven't really chatted much recently, we used to hang out quite a lot several years back, so I thought... I know, I'll go and check out what he's doing now. 

This was when I realised I deserved some form of bad friend award as, unbeknownst to me, he had been busy taking over the internet for the past couple of years. He was doing this successfully and I had completely missed it, because I'm an awesome friend like that. So, as a way of redeeming myself, and also because after spending hours watching their videos I've realised they are pretty much awesome and deserve all the praise they can get, my Fancy Things Friday is all about SORTED Food.

For any of you who have been living under the same rock I have, SORTED Food are a cooking channel on Youtube, consisting of four guys cooking easy and affordable food... I think that's pretty much, word for word, their byline... I thought I'd mention that, just in case I get in trouble for some form of plagiarising or something. 

I've been watching them for a couple of months now and, thanks to the several collaborations they have done with other apparent massive youtube stars who came into the limelight during my youtube hiatus, I have officially joined the realms of obsession in the damn site again. I know the purpose of their videos are more about encouraging cooking, rather than encouraging youtube procrastination, which means I appear to have missed the point of the videos for the large part, but I still do blame them for my lack of doing useful things, as well as my non existent Internet Data Allowance on my phone for this month... 

Okay, this is meant to be an advertising post... I should probably stop complaining and start telling you why these guys are awesome. First off, their food looks freakin' awesome every time they upload a video. From what I can tell, they basically upload recipes based on a mixture of their followers suggestions, mixed in with their own ideas. 

Out of the four guys, Mike, Jamie, Barry and Ben, only one of them seems to be able to cook; Ben. The other three are either attempting to learn from him, or just trying to annoy the hell out of him. It makes for funny watching. Want an example? Below is one of my favourite vids: 



I'm not going to lie, I laughed so hard, I peed a little. You're welcome for that imagery. 

I highly recommend that people go and check them out. They really are amazing and fill you with all this hope that one day, you will be a culinary genius. So much so, that you might go home at Christmas and announce to your whole family that 2014 will be the year of cooking everything on their channel until you are a cooking God, and people will come from miles away to taste your food because you know how to copy a recipe unlike no other. And then your Mum might look at you as if this is the proudest she has ever been and suddenly you realise that this is no longer an empty promise and you will have to see it through... even though Microwaveable dishes are so much easier to do and you're always so knackered after work and too busy watching other youtube videos over the weekend to actually put this promise into action. Which then leads to you shaking your head at SORTED Food and saying, "Well I didn't become obsessed with these other videos on my own, if you had stopped being so awesome with your collaborations with other very funny people, maybe my attention wouldn't have taken such a nasty diversion away from the kitchen and into the homes of Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart, Hannah Hart and Miranda Sings, to name a few." But then you watch more videos and you decide that, as they're making it so easy by providing you with cookbooks and kitchenware, maybe you can be a cooking genius after all. And you vow to yourself that, as soon as you stop having no money, you are going to buy food that requires more preparation than piercing the film lid with a fork, and you will be just as awesome as the SORTED Food guys are... or something. 

I've pretty much overloaded you with sneaky links to their videos in that previous paragraph. Check them all out. But also, there are others which I love, such as these below. 






... There are others, but you know what? I've probably already overdone it... 

Just one last little tip before I finish. If you are going to watch the videos in fast succession, one after the other; try to avoid doing so when you haven't eaten in a day and have no food in the house, nor money to go out and buy said food. Take it from a gal who learnt this the hard way, it won't end well... I appreciate that most people would take this as a given anyway, but I thought I'd mention it to the few that might have the same cluelessness as I sometimes can hold... Also, when you're dieting and you've managed to trick yourself into thinking that the small meal you've just eaten is enough for your stomach, probably not a good time to watch a video either... learnt that one, last night... I also haven't stopped having a hankering for an Apple and Butterscotch Crepe Cake ever since. 

Okay, I reckon that's all I have to say. Sorry for not noticing your journey to becoming awesome Mike, hope this redeems me in some way. 

Everyone else, go forth and cook stuff!! I'm going to... at some point... perhaps. 

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment