Tuesday 4 December 2012

Fancy a little light apocalyptic reading?

Hey guys,

So I've decided that I'm going to just go ahead and publish the book I wrote last month on my Creative Writing blog. I'll be uploading a chapter a day and quite honestly, if you don't read it bad things will happen like ... ummm ... every time someone looks at this post and doesn't then follow the link to my creative writing page, somewhere a donkey will drop down dead. Come on, no one want's that on their conscience, especially around Christmas time, how else will all the pregnant women get to the hospital to have their babies?

Basically, any of you who have been reading my stuff for a while will know that I tend to focus quite a lot on the end of the world, be it through zombie apocalypses or fake predictions of the forthcoming rapture... I like to muse on these things, you know... for fun.

Having this tendency I should therefore not have been surprised when my over imaginative brain one night decided to give me a nightmare that scared the living daylights out of me... which was ironic, given that it was night time and so really there only were 'nightlights' available.

I woke up in a cold sweat, thinking that the entire world had ended only to realise that it was still ticking away on it's own and it was only my own subconscious that had destroyed it. Well, I was terrified for like fifteen whole minutes until I had gone through the whole dream again in my head and suddenly thought... holy crap, that would make an awesome book!

Then NaNoWriMo came up and I thought, 'meh, why not?' and so for the whole of last month I was rigorously writing my own interpretation of what the end of the world would in fact be like. It's been awesome.

I considered what I should do with this book now that it is almost finished and figured, well why not show it to you lovely people? So I am. In the link down the right hand side you will see the link to my Creative Writing page where for the next forseeable future I will be posting a new chapter of my book each day.

I'm a little nervous about doing this because so far I have really only showed my fictional stuff to people I know well and as of right now, the only person who has read this book is One-And-Only-Daniela. She likes it but she is a little biased given that I've written a character into the book called Daniela Davids who is pretty much her with the handy addition of being a genius. She liked that. Ladies and gents, I could not have picked a better way to completely play into One-And-Only-Daniela's ego. She is loving it.

So that being said, I'm taking a massive step in showing this to pretty much anyone who wants to look at it. But I really would love to know what you think. I am happy for all comments, constructive or nice... however if you are too nice I may shut down as a person and suddenly be incapable of talking to you... I have issues. But all in all, even if it's just 'hated it' or 'it was alright' I'd really appreciate it if you could pop a little comment underneath, either here or on the creative writing blog.

In fact I'm already starting to feel awkward as I'm not sure what the proper protocol is for advertising my work without sounding like I'm overselling it or loving myself too much or... or... I don't know.

I've given more than one chapter today because I wanted to introduce the four main characters that I will be moving in between throughout the book.

So without further ado... I present to you Utopia.

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment