Friday 20 April 2012

Sometimes my parents simply make me chuckle.

Text I received from father after my last post:

"Just read your blog. Sounds amazing. Your Mum didn't get it and is concerned you have got into something weird. Mind you she also text me last night (I am at Gran's) to say she watched Titanic and found it depressing. Not even your Mother could expect that story to have a happy ending!!  Love you. Dad"

There are so many things that I loved about that text. But I decided to ring my mother to explain to her what this weekend had been all about.

Me: Hey Marmie
Marmie: Hey sweetheart.
Me: I hear you think I've joined a cult!
Marmie: It's okay now, your father has explained it to me.
Me: You didn't honestly think I'd actually joined one did you?
Marmie: I didn't know what to think! There was a lot of talk about gangs and fights. I didn't quite understand what was happening.
Me: Marmie, I talked about 1920s outfits and mentioned that everyone spoke in New York accents... In the middle of London.
Marmie: I know! It was very confusing.
Me: ... And so your mind went straight to 'cult?'
Marmie: Well, you read that post as if you didn't know it was connected to Bugsy Malone and tell me what you think it's about!

I have cleared it with her now though! My mother has realised that it was just a simple fun night out and she's set her mind at ease.

Phew! Me and my cult buddies are saved from that one!

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment