Wednesday 7 August 2013

WARNING: If you're not a fan of the complaint then I suggest checking out another of my posts instead of this one... That, or google image pictures of Otters because they never fail to be amusing.

I'm cold. I came out of the house without a jacket today... It's been what England likes to call a "Heatwave" recently. And granted, for what we're used to, the weather has been unbearingly hot. So much so, I took a week off, spent it in my garden and everyone now thinks I've been abroad. This has been awesome, but also has been a source of regular complaint amongst our cinical race. We do love a reason to complain. Of all the things that we British are good at, complaining is what we do best... That and sarcasm... Oh, and writing novels about kids going to a wizard school; we're good at that too. 

I have tried my very hardest not to make the heat we've experienced a source of complaint. I think I've managed quite well. Especially given that we probably won't experience heat like it again for at least another couple of decades if past years are anything to go by. 

However, suppressing my natural inclination towards the need to moan for a whole month has left me the teensiest bit pent up over the whole thing. As such, I have felt the first tinge of a breeze and its like I'm suddenly going through a rather chronic episode of verbal diarrhoea. Complaints are coming out of my mouth with no end. I am finding myself without a single filter or self-restraint. 

If these complaints had just limited themselves to the weather, then I could deal. I mean, sure, it would annoy people a little but overall it would be manageable. However, apparently this small breeze and drop in temperature has burst open the damn of suppression and I am now finding fault with almost everything around me... 

What's that you ask? You want a list of what I have found need to complain about? Well, if you insist...

1. The fact that we can't last longer than a month with hot weather.
2. How my £3 Sandals are now starting to fall apart... That's a whole £3 I'm never seeing again. 
3. How, no matter how much time I spend on it, my room is still looking as if I haven't unpacked since I moved in. 
4. How I don't have enough time in the day to do my day job, my freelancing editing job, write my second book and get to bed for 7:30pm. 
5. How Netflix seems to be taking all my time, imposing a tirade of TV Series on me that I can't seem to tear myself away from. 
6. How I'm almost finished with the series that Netflix has taken all my time with and I can't find another one that will take its place. 
7. And today? Why the hell does my train still feel the need to put on the air conditioning when it is clearly no longer hot anymore. 

Wow, I feel better now. Needed to get all that out. FYI. My verbal diarrhoea also doesn't like to listen to solutions, because then I'll have to admit that I can't complain about it anymore... I think it's clearly evident that sometimes a girl just needs to complain for the sake of complaining. It's what makes us women so complex and fascinating... It's also why there are so many gay men out there nowadays... Possibly... To be honest I have no facts to back that up. 

PS. I'm in my "I'm going to blog all the time because clearly the blogging community is the best community out there" phase at the moment. I'm kinda hoping that this time it will stick, although at least I feel safe in the knowledge that if it doesn't, I'll have something new to complain about. 

Silver linings and all. 

Peace out my lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment