Saturday 1 June 2013

Oh my days, the awesomeness of people is... well... awesome.

I have been in a little bubble of yumminess over the past few weeks. It's a bubble that I have dreamt about for so many years that I was probably still in nappies when they began... I have officially entered a world whereby people I don't know are aware of the voices in my head. Not only are they aware of them, but they are excited for them, angry at them, confused by them, and want to talk to me about them.

What's more, the reason behind them wanting to talk to me about them, doesn't have the hidden meaning that suggests they might commit me afterwards. Guys, I am able to talk about a completely fictitious place that I have made up with people that I have created and only good things are happening.

Yes, the world of the published author appears to be one of the only places whereby having an imaginary world that I escape to and develop on a daily basis, is something that is celebrated instead of being a reason for a referral to a mental health hospital.

What's more, people are being so unbelievably nice about the book, I have been walking around pinching myself on a regular basis, just to ensure that I am, in fact, awake.

So, if you haven't yet purchased my book, and are still on the fence about whether or not it's the book for you... I'm about to do something highly uncharacteristic for me and, believe me, there are large areas of my body right now who are not happy with this decision, and I'm going to show you the four amazing amazon comments I have had so far since make my book public. If you wish to buy the book, please follow the links on the right hand side of the screen ->>
5.0 out of 5 stars hooked!!! 29 May 2013
I loved this book. I love how it flicked between characters to give their point of view, and yet it flowed so well between them. I was constantly on the edge of my seat! You really feel like you know the characters. Great story line. Can't wait for the next book!!!!!!
***
 5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut book! 17 May 2013
This is a wonderful first book from an author with a wonderfully vibrant imagination. The main apocalyptic theme of the book is a fantastic concept for a story that hooked me in and made me want to keep reading from the very start. The characters are introduced rapidly but all have their own personalities and backgrounds that separate them from each other and really bring them to life. With the exception of one individual, the entire cast is likeable and you'll find yourself sympathising with them all at some point(s) as the story unfurls.

The first book is clearly setting up a universe and cast of characters that could spawn a whole host of other stories and with the ending of this one fresh in my mind I can't wait to read the next!
***
5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping book that leaves you wanting more 15 May 2013
Just finished reading this book. It is certainly one of the best books I've read of late.This book had me gripped from page one to the end. The characters are portrayed in a way that allows you to build them in your own mind without even thinking that your doing it. The story line is well structured and thought through developing as it goes along bringing in the characters in a way that leaves your mind wanting to move on and see where things go. When you hit that last page all you will want to do is find out when the next one in the series comes out, as it leaves you wanting more so many questions unanswered so many possibilities is it the end or not..... I guess only time will tell I certainly can't wait for the next book
***
5.0 out of 5 stars Ethics/Morality/Sci-Fi!, May 20, 2013
 By Navy vet...vt town
     
Without reservation this is one of the best books I have read in a long time. Not only does it cover ethics and morality, it skillfully interweaves the question of love versus duty. And more.......much more....

The cast of characters is superb. People were selected for Utopia based on their accomplishments to society. There are some, however, that volunteered so they could be tested with a new "toxin".

Jason, the bartender, has been promised that his partner will be able to join him. Michelle, his boss, doesn't come through on this one and it leads to near hysteria on his part and dissension within Utopia .

Lots of interesting people in this one - Connor and Christy, Adam, the actor, and Kelly, the one-in-charge - just to mention a few..

The scene that unfolds outside with the lady and her baby is heart-wrenching.

And, then there are the pods... These were developed by a genius, Daniela, who knows how to control them. When a person is placed in them, they are telepathically linked to metal which turns into statues. The "Walkers" are ready to go outside.

How much killing of innocent people could you do before you snapped?

How long could you stay inside a protected environment?

Just an outstanding twist at the end of this story... I just shook my head and said "WOW"!

Most highly recommended and I notice it says series so am hoping....

If nations knew that the end was coming, what do you think they would do?
To the people who have written these reviews, I can't even... I don't know... there are no words. I don't know how I can possibly put into a sentence the love and thanks that I feel for you. Thank you so much for being amazing people and sharing my passion. If you knew how much you have helped in making my dream come true... you are all beautiful people, and I mean everyone now.
To everyone who takes time out to read this blog when I actually get around to writing one, you are all amazing and perfect and awesome and responsible for turning an overly sarcastic woman into a gushing mess. I hope you're happy... oh, okay, maybe some of the sarcasm is still there... that's okay then.
I love you all. And I promise that, at some very near point, I will actually write a post on this thing that isn't to do with my book...
Oh. And, in case you're wondering, I have now officially begun writing the second book. I am about 6 chapters in and, so far, One-And-Only-Daniela (who is my moral support/cracking the whip reader, to keep me writing until it's finished) thinks that it's, and I quote, "good." Which is pretty high praise for her, given that I haven't yet written a chapter with her fictitious dopple ganger in (Daniela Davids, in case you hadn't noticed).
Okay, well I'm going to go and do some more writing... or watch Sherlock, I haven't yet decided. I will speak to all of you lovely people (have I mentioned I think you're lovely?) very soon, I promise.
Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment